Early Recovery Facility
What is the project about?
UNDP established the Early Recovery Facility (ERF) as a way of financing and implementing emergency response and early recovery efforts to disasters in order to close the gap between the relief phase and long-term recovery. ERF provides policy and programmatic support to the government for effective local and national level recovery and introduces interventions guided by sustainable development principles in post-disaster situations. ERF’s core objective also holds the flexibility to complement national efforts during times of emergency response if and when necessary. To support the government in times of crisis, ERF has a fund of USD 60 [u1] million at its disposal to be able to quickly respond to emergencies based on build back better approaches.
What have we accomplished so far?
Since its establishment, ERF has supported the government in its disaster management efforts and has set up strong mechanisms in this regard.
- ERF has set up functioning Early Recovery Cluster Mechanisms including all relevant stakeholders.
- ERF has carried out structured and sustainable capacity building for government officials as well as other actors in disaster management and will continue to do so.
- ERF has demonstrated disaster resilient, community-based recovery solutions for vulnerable population with a building back better approach with focus on shelter and livelihood programmes.
- Guidelines on Early Recovery, Shelter and Livelihood interventions are under development for standardization under the lead of ERF.
Who Finances it?
|Donor||Amount (per year)|
|UNDP - TRAC||$ 5,100,000|
|UNDP - BCPR||$ 500,000|
|Total||$ 10,102, 860|
Delivery in previous fiscal years
- Project start date
- February 2011
- Estimated end date
- December 2015
- Geographic coverage
- All of Bangladesh
- Focus Area
- Crisis Prevention and Recovery
- Goal 7: Ensure Environmental Sustainability
- Project Manager
- Seeta Giri
- Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR), Department of Disaster Management (DDM), National Academy for Planning and Development (NAPD), Bangladesh Scouts, Narayanganj City Corporation, Bangladesh Disaster Preparedness Centre (BDCP) and Pre-qualified NGOs
- Project links