SERVICES OF KNOWLEDGE FOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
Establishing Information Repository at Economic Relations Division
The project supported ERD to introduce ERDPEDIA - the Information Repository, which is a web based management software having easy search and download options. ERDPEDIA provides quick and easy access of officials to the required information preserved in the digital archive as ready reference. This system also allows for searching, uploading, downloading and sharing documents, editing properties and checking in and out.
Promotion of South- South and Triangular Cooperation
K4DM Project has been supporting ERD’s initiatives for promoting South-South and Triangular cooperation and establishment of South-South Cell in ERD. The project initiated a study on this and series of consultation is being organized for identifying institutional mechanism and better understanding on this.
Major focus of South- South and Triangular Cooperation initiatives includes:
· Showcasing good practices of South-South and Triangular cooperation in the global and Bangladesh context for dissemination;
· Increase awareness and understanding of relevant stakeholders on importance of South-South and Triangular cooperation for attaining global development agenda;
· Reviewing existing policies and undertaking advocacy to advance the South-South and Triangular cooperation agenda;
· Identifying scope for partnership with different organization
Consultative Group of ERD (CGE)
The project is supporting ERD to continue knowledge partnership with eminent persons of the country. Initially the name of the group was Eminent Persons Group but later the group has been renamed as Consultative Group of ERD (CGE) comprising 35 eminent persons of different profession and discipline. Ten thematic groups also formed based on the area of expertise of the eminent persons. K4DM is also supporting thematic dialogue on different issues relevant to national development agenda.
Expected role of CGE (Consultative Group of ERD)
· Engage in the consultation process with the government stakeholders on important
development issues /challenges with a view to recommend possible solutions ;
· Contribute to policy review and context analysis;
· Guide and advise commissioning of policy and action research;
· Provide policy advice/guidance in attaining development targets of the Government;
Capacity Development Program for Government Oﬃcers
K4DM Project is supporting ERD in organizing series of orientation, workshop, seminar and training program on professional as well as development issues to enhance the capacity and skills of government oﬃcials.
Till December 2017 the project organized following training and workshop for ERD officials. Representatives from different ministries and implementing agencies also participated in some courses.
Theory of Change and Result Based Management
Eﬀective Oﬃce Management
SDGs for Young Civil Servants
Prevention of Corruption
7th Five Years Plan
Rights to Information and Pro-active Disclosure
Preparation of Agreed Documents & Scrutiny of Proposals for Foreign Aid
Research / Study
The project commissioned three study on South -South Cooperation for Financing SDGs, Internal Resource Mobilization and NRB Engagement in National Development: Scope, Opportunity and Challenges