- The National Social Security Strategy (NSSS) formulated, approved by the Cabinet and launched.
- A Central Management Committee under the Cabinet Division constituted to oversee implementation of social security system reforms.
- MoU and agrement bettween SSPS, Cabinet Division and GED with the National Institute for Local Governent (NILG) fo capacity building of Union Parishad.
- Five thematic clusters constituted for effective inter-ministerial programme coordination.
Thematic clusters’ meeting
- NSSS Implementation Units established at the Cabinet Division and GED.
- 10 background research papers supporting NSSS development produced.
- NSSS orientation training given to officials of 30 ministries/divisions/departments, Members of Parliament and to all Deputy Commissioners and ADCs.
ADCs’ orientation workshop
- Development of ministerial Action Plans for NSSS implementation initiated.
7th Five Year Plan
- UNDP book on “Social Protection in Bangladesh – Building Effective Social Safety Nets and Ladders Out of Poverty” published.
- Grievance Redress Systems of all ministries mapped for development of a consolidated online system.
Photograph of national validation workshop on GRS
- Training Needs Assessment of Local Government Institutions conducted; MoU with National Institute of Local Government (NILG) on NSSS training agreed, with training modules being drafted.
National Validation Workshop on Training Needs Assessment for Social Security Programme Implementation at Union Parishads
- UNDP has demonstrated its leading position strategically in the social protection policy area through assisting the Government in the development of the NSSS from beginning to end.