Support Sustainable and Inclusive Planning
What is the project about?
The objective of SSIP is to strengthen policy and technical capacity within key Government agencies in Bangladesh. The project has a definitive focus on inclusive, pro-poor economic policy, and aims to build government capacity for sustainable environmental planning to secure a balanced and equitable future. The MDG monitoring and evaluation component of SISP is a continuation of the previous evaluation program in Bangladesh, and will accelerate its progress towards the MDGs up to and beyond 2015.
What have we accomplished so far?
• The SISP project extensively supported in preparation of 7th Five Year Plan of Bangladesh that expected to be an inclusive planning framework focusing on pro-poor economic growth, sustainable development and risk resilience.
• Technical support to MDGs monitoring and progress reporting and providing key support to Post-2015 development framework.
• Initiative for capacity and Knowledge building on macroeconomic policy analysis for GoB/ GED officials started.
Who finances it?
|UNDP|| $ 2.2 million
|United Nations Department of Economicand Social Affairs (UN DESA)||$ 0.3 million|
|Poverty-Environment Initiative (PEI) of UNDP and the United Nations Environment Programme||$ 0.2 million|
|Unfunded||$ 2 million|
How resources were spent in 2014?
|Institutional and Economic Policy analysis capacity enhancement for GED||37,048||28,882|
|Inclusive and Environmentally Sustainable Planning processes established||150,021||91,341|
MDG achievement and Post MDG framework delivered
Programme Support & Operations
- Project start date
- 01 June 2013
- Estimated end date
- 31 December 2016
- Geographic coverage
- Country wide
- Focus Area
- Poverty Reduction, Human Development
- Goals 1 through 8
- UNDESA, UNEP, General Economics Division (GED), Ministry of Finance (MoF), Bangladesh Bank (BB), Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS)