Support to Sustainable and Inclusive Planning
What is the project about?
The objective of SSIP is to strengthen policy, analytical and technical capacity within key Government agencies in Bangladesh for promoting pro-poor economic-social policy. The project focuses on promoting inclusive and resilient policy regime, and aims to build government capacity for sustainable environmental planning to secure a balanced and equitable society. The MDG monitoring and evaluation component of SISP is a continuation of the previous evaluation program in Bangladesh, and will accelerate its progress towards the MDGs up to and beyond 2015.
The SSIP project is also supporting Bangladesh priorities for promoting post MDG framework and national rollout plan for Post 2015 Development Agenda in coordination with GoB and Inter UN Agency.
What have we accomplished so far?
- The SISP project extensively supported in preparation of 7th Five Year Plan of Bangladesh that is being prepared in inclusive planning framework focusing on pro-poor economic growth, sustainable development and risk resilience.
- The project was successful in rationalizing and alignment of sectoral divide among key government ministries involved in preparation of national plan, public investment programme (ADP) and the budget.
- Technical support to MDGs monitoring and progress reporting and providing key support to Post-2015 development framework.
- Initiative for capacity and Knowledge building on macroeconomic policy analysis for GoB/ GED officials started.
Who finances it?
|United Nations Department of Economicand Social Affairs (UN DESA)||$ 0.3 m|
|Poverty-Environment Initiative (PEI) of UNDP and the United Nations Environment Programme||$ 0.2 m|
|AusAid||$ 72.73 k|
How resources were spent?
|Institutional and Economic Policy analysis capacity enhancement for GED||69,666||28,882|
|Inclusive and Environmentally Sustainable Planning processes established||
MDG achievement and Post MDG framework delivered
Programme Support & Operations
- Project start date
- 01 June 2013
- Estimated end date
- 31 December 2016
- Geographic coverage
- Country wide
- Goals 1 through 8
- Focus Area
- Poverty Reduction, Human Development
- Project Manager
- Fakrul Ahsan
- UNDESA, UNEP, General Economics Division (GED), Ministry of Finance (MoF), Bangladesh Bank (BB), Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS)