Partnerships are critical to promoting development that is sustainable. We believe the impact of our work lies in our ability to mobilize effective partnerships between the Government of Bangladesh, bilateral and multilateral agencies, the private sector and civil society – and most importantly with the local communities we support. UNDP aims to leverage partnerships and networks in unlocking and expanding Bangladesh’s human development potential.
UNDP partners with national, district and local actors in Bangladesh. Our interventions are at the policy, institutional and community levels. Our years of experience and strong achievements, thematic leadership and innovation, and transparent and accountable processes ensure we remain a trusted and valued partner to others.
A key strength of UNDP is ability to garner global and regional knowledge exchange and good practices. Increasing south-south cooperation will be at the forefront of our work going forward, continuing to adopt new technologies, apply lessons learned, and attract new sources of financing.
Importantly, UNDP will continue to strengthen and leverage the opportunities of a coordinated UN framework in Bangladesh. We play a key role in all three pillars of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework in Bangladesh, and are strongly supportive of the ‘One UN’ approach.
UNDP Bangladesh is grateful for the ongoing support of government, bilateral and multilateral development partners. We are now focusing on expanding our partnerships, particularly recognizing the key role of the private sector to sustainable development in Bangladesh and globally. UNDP will seek to harness new opportunities in the areas of green growth and energy, climate resilience and environmental risk management, urban poverty reduction, skilled jobs and livelihood generation, and financial inclusion.
We are also working to strengthen our partnerships with local and global knowledge, research and policy institutions in enhancing our support to monitoring SDG implementation and in ensuring our programming continues to be of the highest quality and relevance.
UNDP Bangladesh key government partners:
- The Prime Minister's Office
- Economic Relations Division, Ministry of Finance
- General Economics Division, Ministry of Planning
- Cabinet Division
- Supreme Court of Bangladesh
- Planning Commission
- Local Government Division, Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Cooperatives
- Local Government Engineering Department
- Ministry of Women and Children’s Affairs
- Ministry of Public Administration
- Ministry of Environment and Forests
- Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institute (BSTI)
- Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tract Affairs
- Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief
- National Human Rights Commission
- Bangladesh Parliament
- Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs
- Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources
- Ministry of Industries
- Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics
- Bangladesh Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation Division
Bilateral and Multilateral Development Partners:
- The European Union
- US Agency for International Development
- Government of Denmark
- Government of Australia
- Government of Switzerland
- Government of the Netherlands
- Government of Norway
- Government of Canada
- Government of Sweden
- Government of Spain
- Government of Japan
- Government of Germany
- Government of Korea
- Asian Development Bank
- World Bank
Other Development Partners:
- Montreal Protocol
- Global Environment Facility