- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 101 - 120 of 175
04 Sep 2013
A two-day long workshop on Mainstreaming Migration into National Development Strategies commenced today in the Marble Room at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel in Dhaka. The workshop is part of an SDC-supported IOM-UNDP joint global project entitled ‘Mainstreaming Migration into National Development Strategies,’ which is being implemented in Jamaica, Moldova, Tunisia and Bangladesh.
03 Sep 2013
A UN inter-agency team coordinated by the Chittagong Hill Tracts Development Facility (CHTDF) recently conducted a Post Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA) to assess the damages and needs of the communities affected by the recent communal violence of 03 August 2013, in Taindong Union of Khagrachari Hill District.
03 Sep 2013
Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs has been in a process to recommend the government to simplify and modernize the land registry process in Bangladesh.
02 Sep 2013
“Working together to build an inclusive, sustainable and resilient Asia-Pacific”: UN Development Chief for Asia and the Pacific
Haoliang Xu assumes his role as the new Director of the Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today.
31 Aug 2013
The Government of Bangladesh (GoB) committed, during the 2011 Social Protection Conference, to develop a National Social Protection Strategy (NSPS). The development of the strategy has since then become a major area of donor and GoB focus. Learning from best practice abroad is a vital part of these efforts.
31 Aug 2013
Speakers at a policy dialogue on local governance on 31 August stressed the need for empowering local government institutions (LGIs) at all levels to deliver quality services to citizen.
30 Aug 2013
An eight-member delegation of Bangladesh Parliament Secretariat visited the Parliament of Sri Lanka from August 25 to August 30, 2013.
29 Aug 2013
Judicial education and training is a relatively recent phenomenon worldwide. Most of the world's formal judicial education and training programs started in the last fifteen to twenty years -- some with permanent facilities, faculty, staff, and resources -- to train new judges and provide continuing education and training of experienced judges.
27 Aug 2013
In her introductory visit to Chittagong Hill Tracts from 26 to 27 August Pauline Tamesis, Country Director of UNDP Bangladesh visited Rangamati Hill District and managed to meet key stakeholders of CHTDF including local Government Institutions-Rangamati Hill District Council (RHDC), Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and civil society leaders. She was accompanied by Shaila Khan, Assistant Country Director, UNDP, Bangladesh and Henrik Fredborg Larsen, Director, CHTDF.
27 Aug 2013
The three-day long Asia Workshop on the ‘Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation: Links to the Post-2015 Development Agenda’ ended in Dhaka on Tuesday with a high note as the participating countries and Civil Society Organizations agreed on a specific set of recommendations called ‘RECCOMMENDATIONS from ASIA-PACIFIC’.
26 Aug 2013
Bangladesh: Third National Communication (TNC) to the UNFCCC A new climate change mitigation project on “Bangladesh: Third National Communication (TNC) to the UNFCCC” received Global Environment Facility (GEF) clearance on 26 August 2013. The project, which amounts to a total of US$ 456,621, has received its final approval in accordance with the established GEF guidelines.
26 Aug 2013
CDMP II extended its support to the Press Institution of Bangladesh (PIB) in strengthening the role of media for better complementing DRR and CCA issues including building community resilience, awareness and preparedness for emergency response.
25 Aug 2013
UPPR commemorated ORGANGE DAY in line with the UN Secretary General’s Campaign to End Violence Against Women and Girl Children more popularly known as UNiTE Campaign.
25 Aug 2013
A Local Project Appraisal Committee (LPAC) Meeting on “Integrating Community Based Adaptation into Afforestation and Reforestation Programmes in Bangladesh” Project was held on August 25, 2013 at the 19th Floor Conference Room in IDB Bhaban.
25 Aug 2013
International workshop on global partnerships for effective development and its links to Post-2015 development agenda commences
A three-day long international workshop on the global partnership for effective development cooperation and its’ links to the Post-2015 development agenda was inaugurated at Hotel Pan Pacific Sonargaon today.
22 Aug 2013
The Humanitarian Coordination Task Team (HCTT) with eight humanitarian clusters was established in January 2012 and jointly led by the Government and the UN Resident Coordinator’s office, as a sub-group of the LCG-DER. The Early Recovery Cluster is supported by the Early Recovery Facility funded by UNDP, SDC, and AusAID.
21 Aug 2013
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Local Government Division (LGD), UNDP and USAID supported Access to Information (a2i) program of Prime Minister’s office and Airtel Bangladesh on 21 August at Prime Minister's Office.
20 Aug 2013
Gopalgonj district administration with the cooperation of Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh project organized a day-long training workshop on Gender, Human Rights and Village Courts for the GoB official and other stakeholders on 20 August 2013 at Nazrul Public Library, Gopalgonj.
09 Aug 2013
A three member delegation from China led by Ms. Yang Fang, ACD, UNDP China, visited Bangladesh to understand Bangladesh disaster management practices as well as to explore avenues for south-south cooperation between China and Bangladesh with key stakeholders and partners.
09 Aug 2013
On 3 August, the Bangladesh Indigenous People’s Forum, supported by ILO and UNDP, observed International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples which falls on August 9.
UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook
- Mr Michael O’Neill, Assistant Secretary General and Director at the Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy, UNDP, arrives in Dhaka today on a three-day visit to Bangladesh. This is Mr O’Neill’s first visit to Bangladesh, after assuming office. He is keen on visiting the country regarded as ‘role model for UN’ for its excellent development performance and success in poverty alleviation. During his visit, Mr O’Neill will look at projects supported by UNDP - both in and outside Dhaka, that focus on climate resilience, poverty reduction and public service delivery. Mr O’Neill will travel down to Barguna district and speak with communities involved in the projects there, to get an understanding of how these have helped communities reduce the vulnerability to climate change and also adapt to its effects. Mr O’Neill is also scheduled to meet with senior officials of the Bangladesh government, development partners and members of the civil society. He will also participate in a thematic roundtable/discussion, jointly organized by the Economic Relations Division, Government of Bangladesh and UNDP Bangladesh. Photo: Jemal Countess/Getty Images North America about an hour ago
- Bangladesh has been a role model in Millennium Development Goals (MDG) achievement and UNDP has long been committed to working with Bangladesh in achieving these MDGs in the specific context of the country. Today, on the 69th United Nations Day, UNDP aims to keep up the #MDGmomentum rolling and looks forward to many more years of partnership with Bangladesh. #HappyBirthdayUN. Pauline Tamesis, Country Director, UNDP Bangaldesh Yesterday AT 11:57 PM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook