- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 121 - 140 of 196
04 Sep 2013
A two-day long workshop on Mainstreaming Migration into National Development Strategies commenced today in the Marble Room at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel in Dhaka. The workshop is part of an SDC-supported IOM-UNDP joint global project entitled ‘Mainstreaming Migration into National Development Strategies,’ which is being implemented in Jamaica, Moldova, Tunisia and Bangladesh.
04 Sep 2013
A convergence meeting after two study tours to South Africa and Nepal to gain international insight and learn social protection best practices was organized at the Cabinet Meeting Room on September 4, 2013. The meeting was chaired by Cabinet Secretary and attended by nine secretaries from different Ministries, other high level government officials, the participants of study tours, UNDP Country Director Ms. Pauline Tamesis, and representatives from AusAID and DFID.
03 Sep 2013
Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs has been in a process to recommend the government to simplify and modernize the land registry process in Bangladesh.
03 Sep 2013
A UN inter-agency team coordinated by the Chittagong Hill Tracts Development Facility (CHTDF) recently conducted a Post Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA) to assess the damages and needs of the communities affected by the recent communal violence of 03 August 2013, in Taindong Union of Khagrachari Hill District.
02 Sep 2013
“Working together to build an inclusive, sustainable and resilient Asia-Pacific”: UN Development Chief for Asia and the Pacific
Haoliang Xu assumes his role as the new Director of the Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today.
31 Aug 2013
The Government of Bangladesh (GoB) committed, during the 2011 Social Protection Conference, to develop a National Social Protection Strategy (NSPS). The development of the strategy has since then become a major area of donor and GoB focus. Learning from best practice abroad is a vital part of these efforts.
31 Aug 2013
Speakers at a policy dialogue on local governance on 31 August stressed the need for empowering local government institutions (LGIs) at all levels to deliver quality services to citizen.
30 Aug 2013
An eight-member delegation of Bangladesh Parliament Secretariat visited the Parliament of Sri Lanka from August 25 to August 30, 2013.
29 Aug 2013
Judicial education and training is a relatively recent phenomenon worldwide. Most of the world's formal judicial education and training programs started in the last fifteen to twenty years -- some with permanent facilities, faculty, staff, and resources -- to train new judges and provide continuing education and training of experienced judges.
27 Aug 2013
The three-day long Asia Workshop on the ‘Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation: Links to the Post-2015 Development Agenda’ ended in Dhaka on Tuesday with a high note as the participating countries and Civil Society Organizations agreed on a specific set of recommendations called ‘RECCOMMENDATIONS from ASIA-PACIFIC’.
27 Aug 2013
In her introductory visit to Chittagong Hill Tracts from 26 to 27 August Pauline Tamesis, Country Director of UNDP Bangladesh visited Rangamati Hill District and managed to meet key stakeholders of CHTDF including local Government Institutions-Rangamati Hill District Council (RHDC), Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and civil society leaders. She was accompanied by Shaila Khan, Assistant Country Director, UNDP, Bangladesh and Henrik Fredborg Larsen, Director, CHTDF.
26 Aug 2013
Bangladesh: Third National Communication (TNC) to the UNFCCC A new climate change mitigation project on “Bangladesh: Third National Communication (TNC) to the UNFCCC” received Global Environment Facility (GEF) clearance on 26 August 2013. The project, which amounts to a total of US$ 456,621, has received its final approval in accordance with the established GEF guidelines.
26 Aug 2013
CDMP II extended its support to the Press Institution of Bangladesh (PIB) in strengthening the role of media for better complementing DRR and CCA issues including building community resilience, awareness and preparedness for emergency response.
25 Aug 2013
UPPR commemorated ORGANGE DAY in line with the UN Secretary General’s Campaign to End Violence Against Women and Girl Children more popularly known as UNiTE Campaign.
25 Aug 2013
International workshop on global partnerships for effective development and its links to Post-2015 development agenda commences
A three-day long international workshop on the global partnership for effective development cooperation and its’ links to the Post-2015 development agenda was inaugurated at Hotel Pan Pacific Sonargaon today.
25 Aug 2013
A Local Project Appraisal Committee (LPAC) Meeting on “Integrating Community Based Adaptation into Afforestation and Reforestation Programmes in Bangladesh” Project was held on August 25, 2013 at the 19th Floor Conference Room in IDB Bhaban.
22 Aug 2013
The Humanitarian Coordination Task Team (HCTT) with eight humanitarian clusters was established in January 2012 and jointly led by the Government and the UN Resident Coordinator’s office, as a sub-group of the LCG-DER. The Early Recovery Cluster is supported by the Early Recovery Facility funded by UNDP, SDC, and AusAID.
21 Aug 2013
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Local Government Division (LGD), UNDP and USAID supported Access to Information (a2i) program of Prime Minister’s office and Airtel Bangladesh on 21 August at Prime Minister's Office.
20 Aug 2013
Gopalgonj district administration with the cooperation of Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh project organized a day-long training workshop on Gender, Human Rights and Village Courts for the GoB official and other stakeholders on 20 August 2013 at Nazrul Public Library, Gopalgonj.
09 Aug 2013
A three member delegation from China led by Ms. Yang Fang, ACD, UNDP China, visited Bangladesh to understand Bangladesh disaster management practices as well as to explore avenues for south-south cooperation between China and Bangladesh with key stakeholders and partners.
UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook
- Another excellent initiative of UNDP Bangladesh to raise awareness among the consumers to buy star marked electronic products to increase energy efficiency. UNDP Bangladesh's Barrier Removal to the cost effective development and Implementation of Energy Standards and Labeling (BRESL) Project has initiated a mass awareness raising campaign for promotion of energy efficient appliances through telecasting a television commercial from today in 8 popular TV channels (Channel I, Independent Television, ATN news, Bangla Vision, BTV, RTV, Somoy TV & 71 TV). UNDP’s BRESL project implemented by the Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution (BSTI), Ministry of Industries focused on promoting energy efficiency for 6 commonly used household products – electric fan, motor, ballast, air conditioner, refrigerator and Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6R2RetujH0 Wednesday AT 05:41 AM
- UNDP Bangladesh, Economic Relations Division and Ministry of Environment and Forests signed 3 project documents today (Wednesday, 27 May) worth US$ 8.75 million to safeguard Bangladesh from the impact of climate change in the coastal areas. These projects are part of the Bangladesh’s national programme of United Nations’ collaborative initiative on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation (REDD). The signing ceremony was held at the Economic Relations Division in Agargaon. UNDP Country Director Pauline Tamesis, Additional Secretary of the Economic Relations Division Md. Ashadul Islam and Additional Secretary from the Ministry of Environment & Forest Abdullah Al Mohsin Chowdhury signed the documents on behalf of their respective organizations. The three signed projects aim at building Bangladesh’s capacity to access climate finance through the REDD+ mechanism and national capacity building to implement Multi-lateral Environmental Agreements. As part of this aim the first project will help the Government of Bangladesh to overcome climate risk management barriers through a matching set of complementary measures in reducing the vulnerability of communities to the adverse impacts of climate change in the coastal zone through a number of participatory and community-based programmes. The second project in partnership with FAO will support the Government of Bangladesh in initiating the implementation of the REDD+ Readiness Roadmap by establishing necessary REDD+ management processes, identifying strategic readiness options for completing its National REDD+ strategy, and developing the capacities required to begin implementation of REDD+. Finally the third project on capacity development for implementing Rio Conventions on Climate Change will help to strengthen Bangladesh’s capacity in implement and manage Rio Convention obligations. Wednesday AT 05:30 AM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook