- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 28
25 Nov 2013
Violence against women is not acceptable and can be prevented UNDP calls for renewed efforts to end gender-based violence
Every year, at least two million women and girls are trafficked into prostitution, forced slavery, and servitude. Up to 60 percent of women experience some form of physical or sexual abuse during their lifetime.
24 Sep 2013
Speakers, discussants and participants at the second annual Social Good Summit agreed that ICT led innovation could unlock Bangladesh’s development challenges.
11 Sep 2013
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) launched its Asia-Pacific Regional Report ‘Leveraging Change for Better Lives’ in New York today, highlighting a string of successful programmes implemented between 2008 and 2012 in the region.
10 Sep 2013
In a national policy dialogue held at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center today the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and its partners in Bangladesh highlighted the importance of treating climate change adaptations and disaster risk reduction through aligned national policies and spending.
04 Sep 2013
A two-day long workshop on Mainstreaming Migration into National Development Strategies commenced today in the Marble Room at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel in Dhaka. The workshop is part of an SDC-supported IOM-UNDP joint global project entitled ‘Mainstreaming Migration into National Development Strategies,’ which is being implemented in Jamaica, Moldova, Tunisia and Bangladesh.
02 Sep 2013
“Working together to build an inclusive, sustainable and resilient Asia-Pacific”: UN Development Chief for Asia and the Pacific
Haoliang Xu assumes his role as the new Director of the Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today.
27 Aug 2013
The three-day long Asia Workshop on the ‘Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation: Links to the Post-2015 Development Agenda’ ended in Dhaka on Tuesday with a high note as the participating countries and Civil Society Organizations agreed on a specific set of recommendations called ‘RECCOMMENDATIONS from ASIA-PACIFIC’.
25 Aug 2013
International workshop on global partnerships for effective development and its links to Post-2015 development agenda commences
A three-day long international workshop on the global partnership for effective development cooperation and its’ links to the Post-2015 development agenda was inaugurated at Hotel Pan Pacific Sonargaon today.
03 Jun 2013
Under the Chittagong Hill Tracts Development Facility (CHTDF), UNDP and UNESCO have initiated a collaboration to pilot an adult literacy program in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT). The pilot program is being implemented through three Hill Districts Councils (HDC).
11 Apr 2013
Bangladesh’s remarkable progress in achieving a number of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG), including the reduction of poverty, primary school enrolment and maternal health, could be the foundation for an exceptional performance across all indicators by 2015, speakers said at an MDG roundtable on Thursday.
07 Apr 2013
The Bangladesh Forest Department, with the support of UNDP and FAO, held a national workshop at CIRDAP Auditorium, Dhaka, to share and discuss the progress of the national Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) Readiness Roadmap in Bangladesh.
05 Apr 2013
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and its partners in Bangladesh are today observing the milestone of 1,000 days to the end of 2015 – the target date for achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
15 Mar 2013
Rapid human development progress in Bangladesh, India and other South Asian nations is helping drive a historic shift in global dynamics. Hundreds of millions of people are rising out of poverty and billions more are poised to join the South’s fast-growing middle class, says the 2013 Human Development Report, launched by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on Friday.
29 Jan 2013
Bangladesh won second place in an annual United Nations Development Programme competition, with a story that highlights the success of the country’s poverty alleviation efforts, with a specific focus on the contributions that destitute women have made in the economic sphere.
21 Jan 2013
A three-member Nordic parliamentarians group arrived in Bangladesh today to visit initiatives that bear witness to the remarkable strides the country has made in its development indicators, especially in the Millennium Development Goals.
11 Jan 2013
People across the country are enduring the severest cold wave in the last 45 years and may experience two more chilly spells in the current month. The mercury hit 45 year low on 10th Jan 2013, with the minimum temperature recorded at 3 degrees Celsius in Saidpur.
09 Dec 2012
Bangladesh Mission by Mr. Oscar Fernandez-Taranco, Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs (6-9 December 2012)
Mr. Oscar Fernandez-Taranco, Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs, visited Bangladesh from 6 to 9 December 2012 at the request of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. He was accompanied by Mr. Neal Walker, UN Resident Coordinator in Bangladesh, Mr. Craig Jenness, Director of the Electoral Assistance Division, and Mr. Hitoki Den, Team Leader for South Asia in the Asia and the Pacific Division, of the Department of Political Affairs.
29 Oct 2012
Asia’s cities are central to the world’s battle against climate change. With the dual challenges of supporting the urban poor to adapt and reduce emissions, cities hold the keys to a sustainable and inclusive future. This was the message from a meeting of Mayors and Senior Officials from 10 city governments across Asia hosted by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
11 Aug 2012
Youth in Bangladesh contribute to developing their communities for the achievement of national development
Today a dialogue with youth was held at the University of Dhaka to celebrate the International Youth Day and to commemorate the millions of youth in Bangladesh contributing for a better future. This year’s theme, Building a Better World: Partnering with Youth, comes after the Rio+20 Conference, where the role of youth in peace and development activities was strongly acknowledged and considered paramount in the post-2015 agenda.
21 Jun 2012
Rio de Janeiro: Efforts by Bangladesh to introduce green technology in the brick industry, the country’s largest stationary source of greenhouse gas emissions, are getting global recognition at the Rio+20 Summit which kicked off in Brazil on Wednesday.
UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook
- UNDP promotes better Court services through ICT tools The incorporation of ICT in Court system has significantly improved the overall service delivery at the Court. Due to the intervention of JUST, about 86 per cent of judges in the Court premises are now using ICT tools to prepare verdicts and provide inputs into cause list compared to just 20 per cent in 2012. JUST has developed a soft ware on Cause-list which is also oriented to the judges and court staff. The cause list of the Supreme Court and three pilot District Courts of JUST is regularly updated now, helping litigants, lawyers and all concerned to know under which Court their case is and the dates. It also helps the judges monitor the performance of their fellow judges. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/03/13/undp-promotes-better-court-services-through-ict-tools/ Tuesday AT 04:42 AM
- Digital Buses on Dhaka streets On April 10, 2014, the Communications Minister Obaidul Quader inaugurated 10 Digital Buses on BRTC’s Motijheel-Uttara route at the Farmgate Bus Stand. State Minister for Post, ICT and Telecommunications ministry, Junaid Ahmed Palak, was also present at the launching of the initiative that was implemented with the technical support of Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister’s Office, funded by UNDP and USAID. The buses, which would be running on a test basis initially, have integrated live tracking feature allowing commuters to easily track these vehicles, e.g. their routes, which way they are heading, and where it is, by going to urbanlaunchpad.org/brtc using their internet-enabled smart devices. The feature, at the same time, will allow the BRTC authorities to keep track of their buses on different routes and provide required directives. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/04/10/digital-buses-on-dhaka-streets/ Tuesday AT 04:22 AM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook